5. Civil Hydraulic Structures CFD Modeling with FLOW-3D Workshop
About our workshops
This Workshop provides attendees with a valuable opportunity to learn about FLOW-3D and its powerful multiphysics modeling capabilities. This workshop is designed to cover the fundamentals of specific modeling simulations, provide hands-on learning, and allow attendees to test drive the software by building a model from start to finish. Additionally, each participant receives a free 30-day license and access to tutorial videos and practice examples.
Who should attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries.
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modeling community.
- All modelers working in the field of environmental hydraulics.
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions.
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, particles, scalars and turbulence.
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results.
- Advanced topics, including air entrainment and bulking phenomena, shallow water and hybrid 3D/shallow water modeling, and chemistry.
Technical support post-workshop:
We recognize all knowledge will not be absorbed in one day, and you may want to use FLOW-3D on one of your own problems or compare CFD results with prior measurements in the field or in the lab. After the workshop, your license will be extended for another month to use on your workstation. During this time, you will have access to our technical staff in order to help you work through your specifics: we are here to help you at every step.
- Maximum number of seats: 25
- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Lunch, snacks and coffee breaks are courtesy of Flow Science Latin America
- Bring your own laptop and don’t forget the mouse for follow along or you can just watch and learn.
- You have to register in the following link, in order to pay and register the laptop where you are going to install FLOW-3D: