IAHR World Congress, 2022
From Snow to Sea
19-24 June 2022
Researchers and practitioners from Africa, submit your abstracts for the 39th IAHR World Congress before 15 November 2021
The International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) and the 39th IAHR World Congress Organising Committee are delighted to announce a grant of EUR 5,000 (thanks to the government of China’s Ministry of Water Resources) to cover the 2-year membership fees for up to 20 individuals and 4 IAHR World Congress registrations for delegates coming from Africa.
Focus on Africa
The grants will be awarded to the best final papers submitted to the 39th IAHR World Congress by delegates from African countries and will give the winners the opportunity to join the world-leading community of research and best practice in hydro-environment engineering and enjoy IAHR’s unique benefits.
The fragility of water security in the African region and ongoing challenges to access water and develop hydro-environment skills and capacity mean that widespread potential remains to be unleashed throughout the continent. IAHR’s 2020-2023 strategic plan places particular focus on providing a variety of opportunities for hydro-environment researchers and practitioners from the African region.
Key dates and deadlines
• Abstract submission deadline: 15 November 2021
• Abstract authors notification: 20 December 2021
• Final paper submission deadline: 31 January 2022
• Final paper notification deadline: 1 March 2022
• 39th IAHR World Congress: 19-24 June 2022
The evaluation criteria will be based on the relevance and quality of the paper and the following aspects:
• Is the paper clearly structured and scientifically sound?
• How well does this contribution fit into the session it is submitted to
Awardees must be registered participants and confirm their attendance at the Congress.
A committee formed by the following members will review the final papers submitted by delegates coming from Africa and make a unanimous decision. Results will be announced before 1 March 2022.
• Rob Ettema. Chair of the International Scientific Committee
• Agustín Millares. Organising Committee 39th IAHR World Congress
• David Stephenson. Chair of the Africa Division
• Amparo López. Chair of the Membership Committee and IAHR Vice-President
• Dalila Loudyi. Member of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Division
• Moez Louati. Chair of the IAHR Working Group on Transient Flows
• Modupe Olufunmilayo Jimoh. University of Warwick, United Kingdom
Type of grants
Two types of grants will be awarded to authors from Africa as per the decision of the Evaluation Committee:
This grant includes recognition at the IAHR World Congress, a certificate, and a free membership fee for a period of two years which gives access to discounted Congress fees.
This grant includes recognition at the World Congress, a certificate, a free membership fee for a period of two years, as well as a free registration to attend the 39th IAHR World Congress.
Please note that the grant does not cover travel or subsistence. To be eligible, authors must be from an African country as per the World Bank country categories, and must register for and attend the Congress.
For further information please contact email@example.com