IAHR World Congress, 2022
From Snow to Sea
19-24 June 2022
Programme of activities for Young Professionals
On the occasion of the 39th IAHR World Congress a variety of activities will be dedicated to young professionals, including the following:
Within the framework of the 39th IAHR World Congress, the Committee on Education and Professional Development (EPD-IAHR) is organizing a job fair where students, young professionals, and international companies working in the field of hydro-environment engineering and research will be able to meet. The job fair will offer a unique opportunity for both recruiters and job hunters to explore the IAHR labour market, network, and attract and hire top talent.
IAHR Young Professionals Hydro-Environment challenge
Meet and greet with YPN mentors and peers
This informal meet and greet session will take place at the beginning of the conference and aims to bring together the IAHR Young Professionals Network (YPN) community, composed of students, young professionals and mentors. The session is open to any conference participant, and students and young professionals attending the conference are particularly welcome to join. It will be a great opportunity to engage with your peers, connect with new colleagues and expand your professional network.
The session will showcase the recent activities of the YPN community, namely:
– The YPN congress, which main target is to enable an conference in which young researchers can present their work on an online basis and receive mentoring from senior IAHR members.
– The IAHR Young Professionals Hydro-Environment challenge, an open contest where international teams of young professionals have worked on a series of complex hydro-environmental case studies set up by Universities and companies.
The participants of these activities will be invited to meet in person and share their results and experience with the IAHR community.
Meet an advanced-career peer!
An opportunity to meet IAHR senior professionals during a session hosted within the 39th IAHR World Congress where young professionals can meet them in an informal setup. Details will be announced soon
Young Professionals Network Assembly
Join and meet the worldwide community of IAHR young professionals and IAHR leaders at their biennial assembly!
Young Professionals Night
An informal and relaxed evening specially dedicated to young professionals. Details will be announced soon
2022 Kennedy Award
Rules will be published soon
Click here for information
And more coming soon!
• Maria Bermúdez Pita, Co-Chair of the 39th IAHR World Congress
• María Jiménez Portaz. Organising Committee 39th IAHR World Congress
• David Ferras Segura, Chair of the Task Force for Young Professionals Development
• Daniel Valero, IAHR Council YPN representative member
• Juan Naves García-Rendueles, President of the IAHR Spain Young Professionals Network
To find out more about IAHR Young Professionals Networks click here
35th IAHR World Congress, Chengdu, 2013
37th IAHR World Congress, Kuala Lumpur, 2017
36th IAHR World Congress, The Hague, 2015
38th IAHR World Congress, Panama, 2019